STAR LOOKOUT – Star-gaze from your own hammock strung between the coconut palms…
- Horizon ocean view, coconut grove, exotic tropical gardens, bamboo, flowers, fruit
- 1 bed (Cal King), 1 bath + full day bed
- Open-plan design, cute ‘old-style Hawaii’
- Private hot tub
- Cooking “Hawaiian style” under covered lanai (gas burner/grill + charcoal)
- Fabulous outdoor shower (as well as one inside over our purple clawfoot tub)
- Shared pool
- 2 private lanais + outdoor grass lanai amongst the lilikoi vines
- Wifi (on Hawaiian time)
- Guest laundry
- Extras: DVD/CD player, DW, barbecue, big fluffy towels, heated towel dryers
- No TV or cable – get away from it all!
- Availability Calendar: Check Availability
- Reserve Space: Reserve Space
- Rates Check Rates
“We had the pleasure of spending time at Sharyn and Jeff’s paradise at Huelo Pt. We truly appreciated the lush green, serene setting and their hospitality. It is the perfect escape from the hectic Kihei/Lahaina side of the island. We enjoyed hiking to Sharyn’s recommended beaches and pools. A wonderful get away.” – Sue, Trip Advisor Review
For many years, this hideaway was known in the neighborhood as “The Little Red Barn”. Now refurbished, this dreamy little vacation rental nestles amongst coconut palms on its own private acre of land, peeking out through dappled greenery over rolling pastures to the long lazy horizon line of the ocean … all the way upcountry through “the Gap” to the summit of Haleakala. This romantic little retreat is so tucked away that it even has its own palm lined circular driveway and you can often pick bananas, papayas and macadamia nuts a few feet from your door. In fact, you can barbecue on the lana’i and pick fresh fruit from your garden as dessert.
Upstairs is a spacious but cozy hideaway bedroom with king bed … a perfect romantic retreat with lush jungle garden views of Haleakala to the south. Downstairs is a sitting room/ lounge/ glass solarium (with an extra full day bed) and an inviting deck flowing into the garden. You’ll catch the morning sunrise over the ocean as the fingers of light play through the tall coconut palms, or perhaps you’ll snuggle into the hammock strung between the palms and wait for the ocean moonrise. You may even be lucky enough to catch a white “moonbow”.
The bathroom is a glasshouse gem with a pearly white Victorian bath tub – but don’t worry, you’re surrounded by nature’s shower curtain of giant golden bamboos, protective Japanese umbrellas and a riot of flowers dressed in party colors. Take an outdoor shower in our custom-tiled nature shower among the palms … swim in our 44 foot free-form jungle swimming pool … or laze in your own private hot tub under the stars. Breathe deep. You’re in Hawaii.